Mac & cheese, nail polish and dancing!



We invited our best buddy Meg over for a sleep over tonight. Since it is girls night, with no boys allowed we went girl crazy. We started the party with a little bit of Polly Pocket. It took them about 30 minutes to divide out the houses, cars and clothes before they could even begin to play. Then I made it ladies choice for dinner...Mac & cheese---Surprise, Surprise! They gobbled that up with a ton a fruit and we watched a movie during dinner. While I was cleaning up from dinner a spontaneous game of Ring Around The Rosie broke out. They were laughing so hard. The super girly high pitched giggle laughing that gets louder and louder. It was adorable. Jenna could also join in as a full member of the herd on this game which made her VERY pleased!
Then it was off to scrub in the shower. We voted and shower won since having a bath cut too much into play time. So scrubbed and tubbed, all are clean and squeaky!
We then had a pamper party and I painted 30 fingernails that are about the size of a popcorn kernel, each a different color mind you. (we are saving 30 toes for after breakfast) Then they started doing concerts on the fire place ledge. The audience would sit quietly and applaud at the end of each number. It was very endearing. Then without warning someone would start booing and the person on stage would come down and wrestle the booer...which was apparently a game in itself.
Then off to bed with Jenna so the big girls could have the "alone" time they had been dreaming of. I popped some popcorn and Meg and Madie watched Disney Princess, Dreams do come true! It was a lovely girl night filled with everything I can remember loving about sleepovers when I was a little girl.

ME: What is your favorite thing about your Mom/Dad Meg?

Meg: I like it that my Mom gets to stay home and take care of me all the time. (Awwwww)

I like it that my Dad does not spend the night at his office every night! (HAHA)

The point is...Sometimes staying in is more fun! (Thanks H)

1 Comments:

megsnbigd said...

Oh yeah! What a fabulous time! Thank you so much for having her. She had a blast! I'm glad she's now placing SOME value on having me home. Less than a year ago she told Daniel that when he grew up he could stay home and "do nothing", like Mommy! That wasn't so endearing.