Aloha from Maui

Oh My Lands...What a ridiculous destination. This place is stunning. We landed at 6pm Hawaii time (-5hrs home time). It was still sunny and beautiful.
Blessing #1--I rented a convertible for our adventure, I scored an amazing deal that even the rental car guy commented that he hadn't seen it that cheap! We hit the Wal-mart on the way to the Wailea for cheap snacks and drinks since we anticipated the resort to be super pricey.
After a 30 minute coastal drive we pull into what clearly can NOT be the resort. I have never stayed somewhere SO beautiful in my life. I am sure we made some wrong turn and the Super 8 is waiting for us around the corner. The entire resort is an inside/out building. Everything is exposed to sun and rain. The landscaping is stunning.
We pull up to the hotel and Bellmen rush to greet us and "lay" us. They gave us the most beautiful purple and white REAL Orchid lays. Nothing like those plastic ones at the party store! HAHA I tried to start getting the bags out of the car and the Bellmen insisted that we leave everything in the car and just head right inside to check in. So we abandoned all and headed in. A beautiful Hawaiian girl checked us all in and said she had some special things waiting for us! WHAT?? You know that feeling of complete joy that makes you want to jump up and down flailing wildly and scream like a girl...I almost did that...but I was able to keep it under control barely. When Kory booked us he told them it was our 10 year anniversary, but made no special arraignments.
Blessing #2--She gave us a $65 gift card for any of the restaurants on the property as an anniversary gift. Which will maybe buy us 1/2 a piece of toast, no butter! We are going to use it for dinner on the 18th for our official 10th celebration.
Blessing #3--They gave us a crazy free upgrade in the room. The point stay is for a mountain view room, but they upgraded us to on ocean site suite. Can I please take a moment to tell you about the room...It is in a gated part of the hotel. You have to use your key to access this wing of the hotel. It is called Napua Tower. It is amazing. After being escorted to our suite we entered to the most beautiful surprise. There were orchids every where. They were all over the bed with a big heart in the middle made with orchids. They were on the floor, nightstand, chairs, and all in the bathroom. Sit down for this one...There was a HOT bubble bath already drawn with a gazillion orchids all around the huge tub and lots of orchids floating in the water. How did they do that? The water was hot, so they must have done it as we told the Bellmen our name when we pulled up. Can you imagine coming home and walking into the bathroom to a hot tubby filled with flowers...I would faint!
Blessing #4--If you are staying in Napua Tower you get FREE breakfast on the balcony. The regular downstairs breakfast buffet is $28 for adults. Clearly we would not be eating there! Breakfast this morning was so yummy. Sweet breads, cereal, the most yummy pineapple and strawberries ever, eggs and tons of goodies. Did I mention the FREE Starbucks Kona Coffee that you can get to go up there? That is worth it in itself!
I will have to figure out a way to use this hotel computer to post pictures. It is amazingly beautiful. I wish you were all here with me!

The point is...Thank you Jesus for blessing us with more than I dreamed of and clearly more than I deserve!

3 Comments:

/\/JBuehler said...

Here are some pics from their trip...

Click here to view pics from their trip...

Who loves ya Nat!

/\/JBuehler said...

Here are some links to their trip...

Kilbourne Maui

Christie's Corner said...

Seriously? SERIOUSLY???? I'm so super pumped for you I can hardly STAND IT!!!! Just please, please soak up ever morsel of goodness while you're there. I want you spilling over with it when you come back so that I can, even if for a moment, pretend I was there too!

God is so good! :)