Hello from Whistler, British Columbia, Canada! I think that is the way you say it...Aye? It is true. You know when you are chatting and you say yeah, or ok...Canadians say Aye, a bunch here. I think it's great!
We arrived in Canada on Saturday with Mom Buehler in tow! We had a little trouble in the MSP airport arriving in Seattle, so we decided in true Kilbourne style to jump a quick flight to Vancouver, Canada direct. It all worked well, but it was a circus. Mom and Madie got to have the fun of sitting up in first class..a 1st for both of them. They had a super fancy breakfast and felt very spoiled. Jenna and I sat with the back seat riders and Kory got the birds eye view in the cox pit!
It is beautiful here. It is like Colorado on steroids. The trees, rivers, streams and lakes are beyond beautiful. I feel like this must be a little taste of heaven. Our 2 bedroom condo that Kory scored for $199 for the entire 7 days is amazing. It is a 2b/2b right in Whistler Village. It is such a master planned village. Everything we could need is within walking distance. I had no idea but Whistler Village is the #1 ski resort destination in the world. The 2010 Winter Olympics are also being held here in Whistler and partially in Vancouver. They have Olympic items everywhere. Madie and Jenna even stood on the mock winners podium with the medals on. Very cool!
The weather has left something to be desired however. Let's just say thank you Jesus we are not in a tent. It has been cold and rainy for most of the 4 days we have already been here.
I know why too.
On a bet with Kory that I couldn't pack super light and fit all my stuff into one carry on...I packed super light. For me this is a super amazing feat of will power! Following the weather recommendations, that I have been watching with an eagle eye for a week, I packed all summer clothing for myself and the girls. It was reported to me that the weather was going to be in the low 80's the entire trip. Well it has been more like low 60's with rain and completely freezing if you ask me! I literally packed 1 jogging suit a piece for the girls and the rest shorts and tees. I followed suit with 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of jogging pants. {UGH!!!} I am not only freezing my bunz off, but I am forced to wear the same thing day after day. A ground hogs day effect on my fashion sense. Less is more right?
The point is...Maybe the What Not To Wear people will find me in this super posh village wearing the same thing for 7 days and put me on the show and give me the $5,000 shopping spree...I can dream can't I!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment