We drove home this morning from the Branson Condo at about 6:45. We had to get back since I meet with clients of mine at 9 am to show 5 houses. Kory needed to be at the airport at 10 am. since he was the jr. air show boss for the I Love America air show. He was able to take the ladies with him until I was done showing properties then I meet them at the airport to pick them up. Kory had a great time meeting all the stunt pilots and seeing all the great aircraft. He even go to load the smoke oil! woohhhhh!
The girls meet the wing walker named Ashley and even scored her autograph. They thought she was a walking wonder women, and so did I. She actually crawls out of the plane and gets into position in the air. WOW. You would have to strap me on while the plane was on the ground...no way I could get out at altitude.
I Love America was amazing. I am sure the 80,00o other people in attendance felt the same way!! The weather as we have come to expect was amazing. It was overcast, mid 70's, with a cool breeze and no rain at all! The skies even began to clear at about 5 in preparation for the fireworks. You can tell God really has his hand on this event. Throughout the day we played games and jumped in every type of air jumper you can imagine and even enjoyed more than our fair share of the free watermelon.
Kory arrived about 5:30 after the air show ended. It was a great show. I did fully expect to receive a call from Kory letting me know that he would be inside one of the stunt planes, but thankfully the call never came and his feet stayed on the ground.
The preaching team gave a short salvation message to which 119 people came forward and gave their hearts to Christ!!! James River is very intentional about making this and other events about saving the lost. The free watermelon, free water, free admission, free games, free concerts, free air show, free fireworks and the 2400 volunteers it took to run the event, was all provided for one mission...to save the lost by sharing the gospel throughout the day.
The choir and fireworks were spectacular. This was the first year to watch since I have been in the choir but never in the audience. WOW! To watch fireworks hearing gospel music and hearing about Gods love and freedom was amazing. It was fun for Kory and I to each have a little girl in our lap and watch the fireworks through their eyes of wonder and excitement!
The point is...Those 119 people never saw it coming. They thought they were coming for a day of free fun and fireworks. The quote..Preach the gospel always and when necessary use words...is perfect for today.
1 Comments:
Love the pictures from your day! It sounds like you all had about the same weather we had. We actually had JACKETS on for our 4th of July here in Indy. Can you believe that??? That was a first. Glad your day was fun!
Post a Comment