My beautiful ladies love creepy bugs
Well most of you know the barnhouse is home to many of the Lord's best creatures. We have the normal rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, frogs, and butterflies--but we also have many of the unusual like deer, wild turkey, armadillos, stray dogs/cats that clearly need us (ugh!), pheasant, possums, the occasional duck-duck goose, snakes, lizards, an active spider web experiment between the double glass front window, (that the girls check every morning lest I clean it out) and more ticks and mosquitoes than three counties combined.
It has provided Madie a great opportunity to research on the internet to determine the scientific name and to find pictures of what she caught. We once caught a Dog Face Butterfly, and a snake-eyed skink just to name a couple of the memorable finds. The barn house has MADE me become braver. SO the other night while I was cooking dinner and Madie shouted--Mommy- there's a raccoon on the back porch, quite frankly I was not alarmed at all, and neither was attack dog Summer she just lied there. The girls can think of nothing better than our wild gaggle of friends.
This morning there was a huge bright green bug on the window. After begging and pleading I found the bug catcher and tromped out to retrieve it. He was actually pretty cool. He had big wings that looked just like a leaf. This is an image I found on The Google, I tried to get a good picture myself, but I was not about to take it outside the safety of the glass bug catcher. After Madie's research we learned that he is in the Phylliidae family of leaf bugs.
The point is...We are a science project waiting to happen over here!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
|
Labels:
Jenna Bear,
Madie
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






0 Comments:
Post a Comment