Ozark County Fair

We are incredibly spoiled. I remember as a kid loving the small town county fairs. It was very exciting and the rides were big and super fun. We would even get out of school on the last day of the fair~~always the best part!
Tonight at the Ozark county fair the rides seemed rusty, old and clearly fifthly. The ride attendants also seemed to be a special group of people??! What has happen to the good clean county fair fun? I offered to let the girls ride a ride and they did not even want to. I think since we have Silver Dollar City and Celebration City at our finger tips it just did not compare--even in their little heads.
We did find a few great spots at the Ozark county fair. The 4H animal petting area was a hit. Our favorite was the baby lamb. So cute! Also the girls had the best time jumping in the grass. There were hundreds of moths or something in the grass that would fly and scatter as the ladies jumped! Funny...we go somewhere to get out of the house and the best part is the moths in the grass.

The point is...If you ever think you have a dysfunctional family...go to a fair. It will make you feel much better!

2 Comments:

Stubborn Hope said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's so great to see how your family is doing! love, emily

Julie said...

Hi Natalie! I got your blog link from my great friend Kara or better known as Me-Moddy. Loved reading about the county fair. Just took my 2 toddlers there and had the exact same feelings you did. It was a little scary and I couldn't pay my boys to ride anything. Anyways, we spent most of our time on the firetruck. We'll probably skip out next year.