Read Looking for Alaska Best Sellers PDF
5 years ago
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, he named him ... Daddy
~~Author Unknown.~~
In keeping with tradition I wanted to celebrate my Daddy today on his 5 year heaven birthday.
My daddy was an incredible man, an ever shining example of Christs love.
If I have ever meet anyone with a servants heart it was my Daddy.
He was a living example of the saying, preach the gospel always and
when necessary use words. If you knew my dad, you know that he
usually only spoke when he had something of value to say, unlike me!
He had a heart of gold and I was so blessed to be able to watch
my Dad love God and lean on HIM!
I never went too long without a bear hug from my Daddy and a
whisper that he loved me. As a little girl and as a women I have
always had confidence that I am the sparkle in my Daddy's eye!
My Mom and Dad were always my biggest fans, never giving up on
me and could see potential in me before I could ever see it in myself.
I can only imagine the love our Heavenly Father feels for each of us!
I pray that each of you will put your trust in Jesus, and know that you
are the sparkle in HIS eye! He thinks you are amazing! He thinks you
are incredible, and he will never give up on you!
I want to encourage you to love your friends and family. Don't leave
things unsaid or undone. Daddies make sure you grab your kids and
whisper to them how incredible they are and how you love them like
crazy. Life is precious and we never know when it may be too late.
The point is...And I'm going to keep that celebration going because
I know how it's going to turn out. Through your faithful prayers and
the generous response of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, everything he wants
to do in and through me will be done. I can hardly wait to continue
on my course. I don't expect to be embarrassed in the least. On the
contrary, everything happening to me in this jail only serves to make
Christ more accurately known, regardless of whether I live or die. They
didn't shut me up; they gave me a pulpit! Alive, I'm Christ's messenger;
dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose.
Philippians 1:19-21 The Message
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
|
Labels:
Nat the Nerd
|
3 Comments:
Oh, I have the biggest lump in my throat! Natalie, thanks for this. I know your Daddy is so proud of you!
Thanks so much, friend, for the poignant reminder to make every day count and not take one second for granted. I know your Daddy is looking down and so proud of you and Kory and his little grandbabies.
Happy Birthday Daddy! I know Nat misses you. Keep her spot warm til she can get there...
Post a Comment