You know you live in the Ozarks when...
On Saturday morning before I left to go show property I saw a guy stop in front of the house and pull way over towards the ditch. I thought he was having trouble so I stood and watched him. He got out of his car and started to walk back up the road in the direction he came from. He walked about 1/8 of a mile and picked something up in the road. I thought it was a dog at first. This guy must have hit a dog, we live in the country and there are loose dogs. As he gets closer to his car I realize he actually has a dead raccoon. WHAT? Why did he pull over? Why is he touching it? Why didn't he chuck it in the ditch? What is he doing with it? Ewe? Ewe? Ewwe?
NO, NO, For sure not, NO-- He clearly won't do that....Ahhh He IS doing that.
He gets the floor mat out of the passengers side of the car--because he cares about keeping his car CLEAN?? Opens the trunk, puts the car mat down and lays the raccoon into he trunk very carefully, touching it with both hands...UGH! I was temped to run out and offer him hand sanitizer, but since he just put a dead animal in his car he clearly would not have appreciated the gesture. I was grossed out to the max. My luck the rabid raccoon would have came alive, ate through the back seat and attacked me. Only in the Ozarks. Can you imagine what this guys wife must have thought? Unless in fact she wanted a Davey the Crockett hat for Christmas??!! Imagine Kory walking into the house with a dead raccoon he grabbed from the road? I would freak. Kory has pulled several "farmer" moments on me, but never the road kill surprise. Don't get any ideas, Love.
I showed a home and this was literally the "rug" in the living room. I am not kidding. I took this picture with my phone.
The point is...Normal feel better and better each day!
Thursday, November 06, 2008
|
Labels:
Neither here nor there
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






5 Comments:
Seriously? A Dead raccoon in the trunk? You can't make this stuff up!! Ha! Did the guy have all his teeth? Did he have a loaded shotgun next to him in the passenger seat? Did he already have a dead raccoon hat on? Yes - these are the things that make you know you live very near Branson! Ha! Fun stuff.
I think that buffalo rug or whatever it is would finish off our man room quite nicely.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. We must live pretty close. My hubby is a helicopter pilot for the National Guard. Our life with girls is pretty fun.
sick, sick, sick, sick. There are lots of benefits to living in the Ozarks- lower cost of living, lower gas prices than any of my family, the ability to stay home and have other great stay at home mom friends, but raccoons? No. raccoons dead or alive and particularly NOT in my car. They do NOT make the list.
oh my! I don't think I can even go there - although - many years ago - when you were little - we had a family at church who lived in the country - and at potluck meals they would say - find out what dish he brought and tell as many people as you could - because it would be squirrel or skunk soup, or possum casserole, porcupine potpie, or raccoon chief salad!!!! I am really not kidding. Maybe that guy was going to a big church potluck that night! Find out what church he goes to and get on the do tell list like I was!!!!!! oh my! love you. Mom
Post a Comment