The quintessential boring Christmas letter
Hello friends and family! I decided to include the blog address in our card since I know all of you want to keep up with the daily adventures of the Kilbournes! Well, not really I just thought this would be way more fun than a boring Christmas letter.
Madie is as beautiful as ever! She has a heart of gold. I saw Madie figuring out the unique gifts God has given her this year. She really has compassion for those hurting around her, she loves to serve others and she always has a hug for everyone. She has the gift of encouragement and loves to make people smile! She may just be the best sister on the planet! Madie is so patient and kind to Jenna. The girls are like peas in a pod...absolute love!
Madie is already 7 and in 2nd grade this year, still hard to believe!? She is an A student and really loves math. (clearly not from me) She has discovered her love for swimming, and feels so accomplished beating all the boys in her class in the back stoke! Madie lost 4 teeth breaking the tooth fairy's bank this year. Madie and I got to go to James Rivers summer camp, she loved it! It was 4 days of non stop fun. Madie was a great sport in all the mud games and late night parties. Madie won the Shine Your Light award which is given to the student with the best attitude and most Christ-like actions throughout the camp. I cried!
We had our first visit to the ER this year. Madie cut her finger on a TV tray and needed 3 stitches. She was super brave and ice cream was had by all on the way home!
Madie's favorite past time is still wrestling daddy, going on dates with daddy and being daddy's rough and tumble. Madie is a huge daddy's girl. She will do chores, ride on the tractor, and loves to four wheel just to be with daddy. Reminds me of me when I was a little girl!


Sweet baby Jenna has grown the most this year. She is incredible. Jenna marches to the beat of her own drum most of the time. She sings loud and dances all around the house! She is very passionate when it comes to sharing her ideas and her fashion sense. Yes, I said fashion. She insists on dressing herself each morning and has her own quirky style. I am sure my mom prayed this into existence to pay me back for all the years of torture I put her through!
Jenna has emerged as the family joker and loves to do silly tricks to make everyone laugh. She adds sunshine with the funny way she looks at life and cracks us up with her comments.
Jenna is 3 and goes to preschool 2 afternoons a week at Kingsway. She loves it. She has great friends there and thinks her teachers hung the moon. She is also loving swim lessons and just started swimming on her own in the last couple weeks. Big stuff! Since Madie is in school full-time she has really become my sidekick! I love it. She helps me with the shopping and is a great towel folder. I am so glad I have another year with her before I have to send her off to kindergarten! Jenna's very bestest friend in the whole world is Madie! She waits by the door for Madie to get home from school and hugs her like it's been years!


The Kory and Natalie 2008 play by play. Can you guess who the facts belong to?
- discovered his inner farmer this year
- really settled in this year with Springfield feeling more and more like home
- tried to start a garden, but failed miserably
- loves selling real estate
- took his wife to Maui, HI for their 10 year wedding anniversary (has it been that long??)
- auditioned for American Idol
- still with Northwest Airlines
- has been struck with lightening 2 times this year
- went to 6th-8th grade summer camp and relived the glory days
- traveled to Whistler, British Columbia
- took his wife to Paris for her birthday (I love this guy)
- continues to love my ministry at the Pregnancy Care Center
- lost his keys 428 times
- has decided Sunday afternoon naps are biblical
- turns into Clark W. Griswald at Christmas time
- teaches Sunday school to 40 students 6th-8th grade
- bought and restored 2 new properties
- was suckered into adopting a St Bernard puppy (it does have sweet droopy eyes)
- bought a Wii "for the girls"
- tells the girls wild tales of fun and mystery before bed
- loves working out at the Y
- is on the PTA board at Logan-Rogersville
- wants to write a book
- is convinced we will build in the next 2 years
- never goes to the Y (he's just naturally buff!!)
- makes the best pancakes
- secretly loves Petland
- won the Mrs. America Pageant (ahh, never mind I made that one up!)
- is the glue that keeps our ship afloat
- finally got a real bed after 4 years
- bailed water out of the basement for hours to keep us from drowning
- made lots of incredible friendships
- is totally overwhelmed with God's grace, blessing and provision for our family!

The point is...What an incredible year we've had. Remember to live each day cherishing your victories and forgetting your failures. We are blessed beyond measure by Christ and we pray that you find peace and hope through his love this Christmas! We love you all!
Visit our blog anytime to keep up on our latest adventures! You can also leave a comment at the bottom to say HI!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
|
Labels:
The Family
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






4 Comments:
What a cute idea to do your letter and the beautiful family pics on the blog. It's quite a bit cheaper too!!! Loved it!
I LOVED your Christmas card! Spectacular!
AMAZING, AMAZING Christmas card! I loved the pic...you all are extremely blessed! XOXO
Natalie.... I love you and am a huge fan of your blog. I think you should write a book I will buy it! I promise. Merry Christmas to you Kory and the girls
Momma Jodie
Post a Comment