We stole our favorite girl Amanda. The girls LOVE Amanda and she is pretty sure the girls are the cutest most adorable, most well behaved kids she knows. (well, at least I think she thinks that!)
On our way down I had some special snacks for the car and Amanda picked a snickers bar. She ate 3/4 of it and didn't want the rest. I told her to chuck it out the window..clearly a bird would love a snickers bar! So she did. Unfortunately we did not take into count that we were going 70 mph and there were other cars near. We both watched the snicker bomb fly from her fingers and splat on the windshield of the white mini wan next to us. We both screamed! I am hoping they thought a really big bird was overhead, but when they passed us they did give us the look.
--------------------
In the car on the way to SDC
Madie: Mom, all the girls at school make fun of me?
Me: Why?
Madie: Because I sit on the side of the toilet rather than the front.
Me: Why do they know you sit on the side of the toilet?
Madie: They can see my legs and they were all talking about it today.
Me: You tell them that you sit on the side of public toilets to avoid that gross middle part of the U that is cut out of public toilets. AND tell them that you have such small biscuits that you need to hold the wall to avoid slipping in. AND tell them it's none of their business!
Madie: I bet they have more germs sitting on the front!
Me: Yeeeahhh! Gross!
--------------
It was actually a beautiful night for the lights. It was in the 40's with no wind. We all bundled up with extra layers and our butt socks under our jeans. Madie has always called tights butt socks. I asked her why once and she told me they are socks that go up to your butt. Hence-Butt Socks! Amanda thought that was pretty funny.
Madie and Amanda wanted to ride Powder Keg so we headed there first. They loved it. Powder Keg always makes my brains feel all shook up so I try to avoid it. Madie was laughing so hard and making fun of Amanda screaming! It was so precious.
We were finished just in time to catch the 6pm parade. What a fun little parade. They start with Santa and end with Jesus! Its endearing to watch the kids watch the parade. I watched them more than the parade.
We were able to meet up with the Clarks our favorite party people, we got my favorite harvest skillet and headed for the kiddy rides! WOOHOO! Everyone rode the big swings except Jenna! She is still terrified of most rides. It was really really fun at night spinning with all the lights. Daniel kept teasing the girls that he was going to have a throw-up, to which they laughed in horror!
We all rode the frogs and butterflies. Amanda and I got kicked off the frogs. Slightly embarrassing, but worth the laugh! Dan took one for the team and took the kids on the tea cups. We didn't even have to farkle for it. Thanks Clark!
We even got to catch the parade again and see the living nativity. I am pretty sure a real angel would not wear a iridescent shiny white button down shirt with sparkles? I might be wrong..I've never seen one!
We ended the night by all of us girls excluding Jenna riding the flying Frisbee ride. It's a crazy disc that spins and goes up and down this big U shaped track. Madie and Meghann got to ride. Madie just squeaked by the 48 inch requirement...standing tall! It was her first time on it, Meghann was a pro! I loved to hear Madie laughing. She never really screams, but belly laughs with the most genuine excitement. So FUN! Although I was pretty sure Amanda might loose her cookies on the last ride. She was green and I think I saw drool?? Not sure??
We ended the night with an impromptu sleep over at our house for Meghann. Madie loves Meghann. They are such great buddies and even include Jenna in most of their activities which makes it easier for me!
The point is...They hit the bed like rocks and I didn't hear a peep until 8:40 this morning! Horay for me!
3 Comments:
Haha...that was tons of fun and I will never forget the flying Snickers bar! LOL. Thanks for letting me tag along!
Oh what fun! We'll have to do it again next year and I 'll need to scrounge some free passes to get us all in since we won't have any of our own...I know, we are SO lame! I'm still pulling for White Water though...
wow - some people have all the fun! 40 degrees on that flying thing - oh my I might have droooooooooooled! love it, miss you so much - can't wait to be there for Christmas. love you guys.
Post a Comment