I pray I never forget this conversation.
I was in the kitchen getting a special first day of school dessert ready, the Olympics were blaring in the back ground and out of the blue Madie started a conversation that I will cherish.
I started to bring her her dessert and she was sobbing-
Me: What's wrong?
Madie: I don't want to go to hell.
Me: Oh, honey. You have Jesus in your heart you are going to heaven.
Madie: What if I don't. I have asked him into my heart like a 100 times, but sometimes I worry.
(I am literally praying under my breath that God will help me to live in this moment and say to her what her little heart is searching for)
Me: When we ask Jesus into our hearts our name goes into the Lambs Book of Life and we live our lives like Jesus would want us to live. I know by the kind of girl you are you love Jesus with all your heart. Do you want to pray with Mommy right now and we can ask Jesus into your heart so we know for sure that you are going to heaven?
Madie: Can we do it right now?
Me: Absolutely- I prayed a sweet prayer and she repeated after me that she wanted Jesus to come into her heart and live forever.
I have no doubt that Madie has asked Jesus into her heart 100 times before, but this is the first time I have seen her actually be emotional about making the decision and actually getting the gravity of knowing that people go to hell if they do not have Jesus in their heart. It was an amazing moment to share with her.
Madie: (still sobbing) I have a bad feeling about something.
Me: What?
Madie: I don't think that some of my friends and maybe some of our family is going to heaven. I really want all of my friends from school to be in heaven.
Me: The great part is Jesus gave us the job to share him and his love with people who do not know him. Have you asked any of your friends if they know Jesus?
Madie: I can't ever do it. Every time I get ready to ask someone my eyes get all teary just thinking about them going to hell if they do not have Jesus in their heart, and I don't want to just stand there and cry in front of them.
Me: We can start praying for strength and that Jesus would help you to be brave and bold.
Madie: Does it hurt when you get sick and die? Like when Papa stopped breathing did it hurt?
Me: Well, I know when he was really sick sometimes it did hurt, but I remember being with him when he died and it was very peaceful and the Angels brought him right up to heaven.
Madie: What do you think heaven is like?
Me: It is like your very bestest favorite day times a million.
Madie: Do you think I can eat the biggest root-beer floats all time without getting sick or a big tummy? (nice..the big tummy part...totally my fault on that one)
Me: For sure!
Madie: You know how the bible says that the angels and Jesus have a party every time someone gives their heart to Jesus. Do you think there is cake and ice cream every time?
Me: What kind of part would it be without cake and ice cream. I can imagine that the parties in heaven are better than you can even dream of.
Madie: I think we should pray for Hunter, to invite Jesus in his heart. (this is the guy that crushed on her last year, the Who's your man? question asker) Do you think I will marry someone cute like daddy?
Me: I think Jesus has someone already picked out for you!! Why? Do you think Hunter is cute?
Madie: Yea, kinda. What if when I am big someone asks me to marry them and I don't even know if they smoke? I would say NO WAY!
Me: Yeah-that would be totally gross.
Madie: I want to pick someone who loves Jesus. We should really start praying for Hunter.
Thank you Jesus for making me sensitive to the moment and being available to just listen to her heart. She was way to emotional for me to pull out of her why she was thinking about all of this. My guess--I am sure during the first day of school she can already see that some of her friends live differently than the way she has been taught. When I was pregnant Kory and I would pray over my belly and every night that our little baby girl would have a gentle heart and a tender spirit.
The point is...God heard and answered my prayer.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
|
Labels:
Madie
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






6 Comments:
Oh Nat. It's unbearably similar to some conversations I ve had with Megahnn. I'm so thankful that Jesus has given us little girls with such global minds and hearts towards evengelism. To begin to understand even now, that it's not all about them...
Oh, what a truly tender heart she has. God's fingerprints are already on her. It's precious.
hi all, I can't get anything published! oh my
what I tried for about an hour to say, is WOWOWOWOWOW! So Cool!!! I love takes like that, and it is so cool that she can tell you how she feels Nattie!
Madie I want you to know that I am praying for you to be strong and brave, to let Jesus show like a LIGHTHOUSE to all that you meet! Remember that we show Jesus most of the time without saying a word! He shows in your smile, friendship, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self control, obedience, attitude, discipline, work, and yes - in your words during school, play, fun, sadness, anger and even hurt. Jesus is teaching you to be just like Him! Remember He is always with you to help you too! I am sure proud of you, I know Jesus is too, and PaPa is always proud of you! I love you the most, but not as much as Jesus. Go gettum for Jesus girl! Nannie B.
Remembering back I did the same thing... I needed to much more than Madie IM SURE!!! But I will never forget what made the difference for me... It was when I cant remember who said it to me when I was like 9 or 10...
They said... You have loved Jesus for a long time. Now do you believe in Him? Truly believe in Him?! It seemed a question I had answered a thousand ways before but for some reason it felt brand new, when I replied yes... the person looked at me and said, "Then your saved He believes in you too..."
"Love" evokes, by our creators own design, questions of quality. I would even go as far as saying that younger eyes and ears can easily come to understand how adults base "love" on how others act toward them -- which can sometimes skew their understanding of "Jesus' love" and almost promote an unhealthy ( what have I done compared to what HE has done self vs. Jesus ) attitude. A comparison which Christ has won easily on the cross and is of no contest!
"Belief" is absolute -a- YES OR NO! Either you do or you don't! For me when I heard this explained it was the first time I realized HIS actions toward me were not dependent on my actions toward HIM! The true meaning of SALVATION!
[INSERT 500 PAGE ESSAY ENTITLED "CHRISTIAN TIMELESS ABSOLUTES VS. RELIGIOUS & SECULAR TEMPERAMENTAL QUALITY" HERE! (not written yet of course!)]
I love this - have I told you that lately!? You know it reminds me of when we were all standing there cheering Daddy on to heaven! Remember I said, Right now, either everything you have ever heard about Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit, every Sunday School lesson, every song you have sang in worship or praise, and every Word in the Bible is SO VERY VERY TRUE, or.... and wasn't it right about then that John's hand went straight into the air - even though he had not been able to hardly move for a couple of days! And remember the peace that filled that room - it was really as if the room glowed! You know it is never easy to say good-bye to anyone - especially when God picks them to go so young - but I can't imagine passing on to eternity without Jesus! Knowing that all is well and we will be there soon, together again - and all because one day God said, hey Son, I have an idea! I wonder what Jesus thought of the whole idea at first - "Dad really, are you sure that this is how it should go - not that I'm doubting you!!"
Hey, Nattie and Nate - you know I was at Kids Camp last week - wow - what an awesome time - Brian & Dawn say Hi, Stacy (Jarvious?) was there (she had a really cute little boy that was really fun!), Adam & His wife were there also - he said they live in Seattle, WA. - he said he talks with you sometimes Nate! Cool! Our speaker was Phil Hicks - wow - really a great speaker for the kids. love all, God Bless Mom B.
Post a Comment