What was I thinking...3 year old preschool, clearly I am not ready for this.
At the end of last school year I signed Jenna up at Kingsway preschool, which is the same program Madie was in for Kindergarten. It is an amazing Christian program. We love it.
Jenna has been counting down the days until she--gets to go to school just like Madie--so she was more then ready. We retrieved all of her supplies and she proudly pulled out her new Strawberry Short Cake backpack from Nanny and we headed off for our meet the teacher date.
Thankfully I know Ms. Allison from Madie's year at Kingsway so it seems slightly easier. Jenna found school bus notebook paper and a few other little things that she
needed to get for Ms. Allison so we made a little gift bag. To my surprise--Jenna walked right in the door marched up to Ms. Allison greeted her and gave her the little gift. Who is this kid?? Where did the shy little girl I had go?
The room was so cute and shiny bright. Jenna found her cubby and explored the room. She has a special basket for her supplies and to my credit carefully organized each marker and jumbo crayon until they were just right! It was fun to watch her explore all the new stuff. There is a big wooden doll house that she spent most of her time at and the dress up bin was also overflowing with possibilities. It was a perfect visit and we even had to coax her out the door. The first unit study is all about how special God created you. I think she is going to love having some new freedoms and the chance to grow!
I did give Ms. Allison a warning about the separation anxiety that could rare it's ugly head with seemingly no notice. Although there was no sign of it today...She is really growing up and getting less sensitive about leaving me and letting others help her. Ms. Allison has a 7 year old and twin 4 year olds so I am sure she is over qualified to handle some trauma at drop off...if need be.
The point is...What exactly am I to do with myself for two kid-less afternoons each week?
2 Comments:
Oh you poor sugar. We'll have to coordinate afternoons and have coffee! It's a whole new phase and it might be fun. Change is not always bad, contrary to what I formerly believed...
First of all, love the new format. Notebook paper is very cute. Secondly, I hope you are not in a puddle of tears at this point, but maybe enjoying some of the freedoms that come along with 2 kiddos in school - even if just for a little while. I haven't put Little Girl in preschool yet, but I know I probably will next year, and I know I will cry. Big, sloppy, ugly tears. Then - I will go get a pedicure and read a magazine to make sure I am o.k. :-)
Post a Comment