Well, I guess it's just how it goes. You know...when it rains it pours! Kory and I have 4 investment properties--soon to be 5. We are working on getting a duplex over off of Republic in SW Springfield. So to add to all the usual landlord issues and the extra pressure of adding another property --we now have 2 properties that are vacant. Please pray that God sends us great families to fill our properties quickly. I am sure he already has the new families picked out!
Our newest purchase is in Nixa. We bought it from a friend of ours that took it on trade for one of his new construction homes. Kory did a great job getting it in tip top shape. This was actually a breeze for the first time. This is the first home redo that we actually hired the work done. Usually it is us..working until 4 in the morning for nights on end painting and fixing. I felt like we hit the big time on this one. We hired to have the walls textured and painted, the yard tended to, carpet and flooring all done, a handy man for all the odd jobs, and even a cleaning lady for the final construction clean. WOW. I had arrived.
We found a seemingly great tenant {50 something single women} that gave us money down to lease purchase and payed three months rent. Then in August we could not get a hold of her. We called, called, and called again. Finally I went over to hang a cranky landlord lady note on her door that said pay up or else. But to my surprise--peering through the window realized the house was vacant. She has literally disappeared. No call, no email, nothing. Who knows what happened or where the heck she is?? Weird. People are weird. My only thought it she caught wind that the cranky landlord lady was on her way over so she high tailed it out of there.
Our other vacancy is a property on Kentwood in Springfield. We have owned this for 3 years. Kory and a buddy gutted the property and started from scratch. Check out the pictures-He did a great job! We had great tenants in it for 2 years, but they bought a bigger house. They just moved out 3 days ago.
So the cranky landlord lady and Kory have been busting our tails getting advertising out and getting clean up started. Yesterday I took Jenna over to the Plaza house and we worked for about 5 hours getting it ready to go. We did make a sonic stop for a slushy, which made all of Jenna's waiting totally worth it for her! The girls and I went over tonight to scrub the tub, paint, restore scratched up dark hardwood floors {UGH}, and do about 6 months worth of yard work. They were once again rewarded with a McDonald's ice cream cone.
The point is...Ahhhh, buy them treats and they will do just about anything!! Hopefully the cranky landlord lady won't cross paths with their mom! {UGH}
1 Comments:
Oooh I like the new template. Hey, out of curiosity...why don't you live in the Plaza house? It looks like it would more than meet your needs and seems to be in good shape. Then you could save until you build. That way you don't have to go through all the looking and buying and new mortgage payments
Post a Comment