Brave and strong
This afternoon was Jenna's first official day of preschool. Wow. Normally whatever Madie gets to do Jenna wants to do --so school has been on Jenna hot list for the last few weeks. To prep her for success we have gone to school to meet the teacher and been chatting about all the fun and endless possibilities that preschool holds!
One the way to school:
ME: Jenna, You are going to have so much fun at school!
Jenna: I want to play with that doll house and play at the playground!
ME: When we go today, Mommy will drop you off and leave, but remember Mommy always comes back, and Ms. Allison will take really great care of you.
Jenna: When you leave I will not even cry! (WOW-you can control this??) And I will make you proud!
ME: I love you, you are the sweetest girl ever and you make mommy SO proud! I need to take pictures for Daddy. (we arrive)
Jenna: (1/2 way down the hallway) Mommy, you can only take 3 pictures then you have to leave.
ME: (clearly distraught) What--only 3. Snap!
Jenna: That's one and you can only take 2 more--you can not stay with me Mommy--it's just for little kids. ( I am not making this up)
We greeted Ms. Allison and I told her that Jenna was not allowed to have fun, which in turn made Jenna laugh and laugh and Ms. Allison whispered a secret to Jenna and they both laughed! I managed in the excitement to snap a few more photos than my quota. I gave her a HUGE hug and kiss as though this was the last moment with my "baby" and started towards the door. She followed me and insisted on several more hugs and kisses. I happily complied. I could tell by the look on her face she was fighting the tears with all the strength she could muster. As I left the room I turned back to look and with her back to the door I could tell she was wiping her eyes. She was so brave and strong. I gave Ms Allison the nod that she was having a hard time and she bubbled over to love on her. Jenna could not see me, but I could see her red face and teary filled eyes. Growing up stinks. I wanted to run in and proclaim that I had made a mistake and scoop her up in my arms.
In the car at Pick up:
Ms Allison: We did not have any fun today.
Jenna: Laughing and screaming YES WE DID!
ME: Tell me all about your afternoon.
Jenna: We played for a while and then I got to use my markers and my scissors to make you a picture. You will love it. Then we did round time (I think it is circle time) and there were two boys that did not listen to Ms. Allison. (I love the police report!)
ME: Oh no what happened?
Jenna: She said it was time to stop playing and they kept playing so she had to help them come and sit down. She showed them grace and she did not give them time-out. I love Ms. Allison. I also played with a new girl at the park. She was good at the slide. We had animal crackers and raisins for snack, but I did not eat the raisins. They were gross.
ME: Bubs it sounds like you had so much fun on your first day! I am so excited for you.
Jenna: Do I get to go to school tomorrow?
The point is...I think I am working myself out of a job. Why again are we wanting them to be grown-up and smart and leave the nest someday?
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
|
Labels:
Jenna Bear
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






0 Comments:
Post a Comment