Read Looking for Alaska Best Sellers PDF
5 years ago
I specifically remember as a kid being home sick from school and having my life threatened before Nanny left for the day that I was not allowed to watch TV. All that was allowed was sleep, use the bathroom, and eat crackers. I was pretty convinced that mom had some sort of secret device hooked up to the TV that would tell her when she got home if I had indeed broken the TV rule. So I never tried. Angel...I know.
Monday, September 29, 2008
|
Labels:
The Ladies
|
4 Comments:
let me leave a "little" note of explanation and verification.....
1. the poor sick child lost her cookies yesterday - so as a director of a school who knows that you do not put all the other kid's health at risk - definitely she does not go to school - but - can she still be a child - oh sweet Jesus yes - especially since Nanny was able to be with her - without Mommy home!! OH MY - being a Nanny is the bestest job I ever did have in all my life - thank you Jesus!
2. We also had Jenna here - and she - the little sweety who was with the poor little sick one another 24 hours - should not have a boring my sister is sick day!! Special thought and consideration was carefully made about every decision today - I taught Nattie well - so she could be a great mom - not so I could be a stuffy Nanny!!!!! HAHA - Natalie wait till your little ones give into your hands someday - little ones - it is truly such an awesome miracle straight from God - almost cooler than your own little ones if you can begin to fathom that!! ( It really is an - are you me - WOW GOD this is SO COOL!)
3. Sick - or no sick - it was my special day - God time - with my incredible very own granddaughters, and I don't get those ever as much as I would like or dream of! So Sorry - yep - reasoned - ok'ed - be the bestest Nanny that I can be - and that means face to face - fun time! We even had a pretty good talk about PaPa Buehler - I told the girls that I wished PaPa was here because he would love to play with playdoh with the girls. To which Jenna said, "Nanny PaPa would not play with playdoh." I said, "oh honey, PaPa loved to play with playdoh - he would be making something really cool if he was here" After Jenna and I did, no he wouldn't, yes he would a couple of times - Madie looked at Jenna so matter of fact serious and said, "Jenna, my PaPa is playing playdoh up in heaven right now, I know he is!" And the discussion was settled......
4. It was a great God day - one of the best days of my life - what could be better - playing playdoh, watching a little goofy TV, watching the girls play Wii, studying the Bible, taking a great afternoon walk with the girls, the beast, on Jesus! and pizza, apple pie & ice cream for lunch - well I must tell the truth - thanks for a great lunch Kory - he's a great dad!!!......
5. I'm still mom to you Nattie - if you are sick and home from work - no TV - and yes I will get a report from the TV angel! HA I love you - you are the best mom ever - I am so proud of you, and your family. You are so blessed. Thanks for letting me share your family this week!! love you .......... mom
ok better clarify - the beast - was/is the dog - as Nattie calls it - she is really a sweet dog - but out of control because she loves me so much - but get crazy for me and I can't control her - and she puts her slobber all over me in the very wrong places - that show up terrible on your pants! and it was suppose to say - a great afternoon walk with the girls, the beast - oh thanks you Jesus..... Instead it came out - a great afternoon walk with the girls, the beast, on Jesus! ok - the beast of a dog was really not on Jesus at any time during the walk - at least not that I saw - I guess it could have happened and I didn't see it - Summer is a very friendly dog in a - in on you sort of way!!!!...........ok - better stop while I'm ahead! Maybe I am getting tired! God Bless..............
Hey Girls! I really missed you all at Life Group last night, but hope everyone is feeling better. Have fun with your Nanny. (Tell Madie and Jenna I said hello!) I love you all!! <3
I thought my dad was the only parent who didn't allow t.v. on a sick day. Boy were those some torturous days of being home with nothing to do but stare at the walls and sleep. Glad to know nanny bent the rules for your cutie pies. I hope the family is all well now!
Post a Comment