Poor Madie Patty.
It is never good when the school calls. Since Madie is the angel child I can assume its either injury or sickness when the phone rings. I had to go pick her up at 11:15 am. She was really sick all afternoon and into Friday night, but she woke up feeling great Saturday morning. She never complained of being sick on Saturday and enjoyed all our outdoor fun. After church she was not eating much dinner, but I chalked it up to recovering from the 24 hr flu bug.
Madie's sweet friend Meghann called this afternoon to check on how she was feeling. So Sweet. The conversation was short and sweet.
Meg: How are you feeling.
Madie: A little better
Meg: I meet your Nanny at Church today. She was with your Mom. She has orange hair.
Madie: My Nanny doesn't have orange hair. Are you sure you meet my Nanny?
Meg: Yep (must have been the lighting??)
After a great lazy afternoon we headed to Petland at about 6 pm to make memories with Nanny at our favorite store (of course)! In the car at about Battlefield and Hwy 65 Madie commented that her tummy was rumbling. I asked all the important questions with rapid fire...
1. Are you going to barf?
2. Do you need a bag?
3. Should I pull over? and last but not least...Do not barf on the carpet, remember you must warn me before you actually barf.
Madie assured me that she was just fine and the feeling had already passed. whew! So we are now sitting on the corner of Glenstone and Battlefield at the red light and I hear...Ughryunajfipsk. (I am pretty sure that is how you spell it?!) In the same second the light turns green and the traffic is breathing down my neck. I grab our ever ready MiniVan trash sack and hit the gas all while frantically trying to open the sack. Nanny has shot into panic mode that her baby Madie is suffering and is telling me with conviction to pull over. She suffers panic paralysis and could not even get her seat belt off to turn around to help Madie. I started laughing at Nanny's loss of function and my lack of garbage bag skills. Why are trash sacks so hard to open? First off which end opens anyways? UGH!
We finally got pulled over in the Kmart parking lot to which I burst out of the car to help Madie. We got things under control with 1/2 a bottle of hand sanitizer and a million baby wipes, however we had no choice but to make Madie take her pants off and ride home without them. It was slightly traumatizing for her to be riding with no pants on, but seriously what are the options?
So we head home and decide to take a pit stop at the Price Cutter for some 7-up. Jenna asks if she can come in and Madie confirms that she indeed does not have to go in with no pants on! We got rock star parking right by the door and we head in leaving Nanny and Madie in the car.
The actual events of the next portion are a little sketchy but...Apparently Nanny was getting hot waiting in the car and decided to open the car door. The car alarm started going off at full blast the second she opened the door.
Madie: What is that?
Nanny: Oh, Shoot I think I just made the car alarm go off.
Madie: Nanny, It is so loud shut the door. Turn it off. Turn it off Nanny!!!
Nanny: I don't know how?
Madie: Use the key Nanny.
Nanny: I can't find the key I think Mommy took it in with her.
Madie: I am pretty sure the police will come, and you will be in really big trouble. I don't even have pants on. Everyone is staring at us.
Nanny: We will just tell them we are waiting for your Mommy to come out of the store. Oh no, everyone is staring at us.
Madie: I am going to hide in my seat. This is the most embarrassing day of my whole life.
When I came out of the grocery the horn was honking and the lights were flashing in full panic mode and both girls inside were laughing their heads off.
The point is...If this is the most embarrassing thing that ever happens in your whole life little girl, you will be so thankful!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
|
Labels:
Madie
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings14 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More16 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






2 Comments:
Oh poor baby girl. I'm so glad that day is OVER for her. How traumatic.
Oh Natalie I love your blogs! I remember a similar experience as a 5 year old and having to ride home with no pants on when I threw up in the car! Glad she's feeling better!
Post a Comment