This summer Jenna insist on wearing her life jacket, and so she should since she sinks like a rock and cries with every drop of water that touches her face. Madie however swims like fish and can swim the length of any pool. She does however swim in some sort of dogie paddle--1/2 drowning motion. A few weeks ago at the pool 2 separate times a life guard came over to check on Madie. Nice. I was standing right there...do you think I would honestly stand 3 feet from my drowning child and do nothing? Maybe they have seen that before..who knows?
I have finally gotten my act together and got the girls into swim lessons.
At any rate I figured it was time for Madie to learn the proper way to swim and to actually learn strokes. She is amazing. We may have found a gift. You name it and we have tried it from gymnastics to basketball and this is by far her favorite. She is actually a very good swimmer and impressing her teacher Miss Kelly. Today (you can see it great in one of the pictures) they were leaning the back stroke. Madie in a very Phelps like performance swam the length of the huge YMCA pool and back doing a perfect back stroke and even stayed in a straight line. It was amazing. I was shocked to tell you the truth. WOW! A 10 for sure.
Jenna has been doing very well and growing too! On the first day it was the usual crying outburst when the teacher called her away from me, but the last several sessions she has bounced into the pool excited to be with Miss. Rachel. Rachel is a lovely college girl that seems to favor Jenna (hallelujah!) and gives her lots of attention and praise and in turn Jenna will totally perform for her. Jenna is the only one in the class that can on her belly and back use the kick board with no help at all. Miss Rachel can even get Jenna to dunk under water and leap into the pool into her arms. She totally makes the water come over her face and splash her. What does Rachel have that I don't? Patience...Maybe?
The point is...I love to see the girls doing great and get excited about doing something they love. The bonus for me is that I get to work out at the Y while they are in lessons. Anytime I can squeeze in a workout is a victory these days!
1 Comments:
I need Miss Rachel!
Post a Comment