Things worth repeating
Here are some conversations I have been meaning to jot down...
Jenna: Mommy, I love your eye-bras. (Eyebrows!)
--------------------
I ran into Madie's teacher last week at a PTA meeting, which is why I joined PTA. I never get face time with her teacher, but the PTA events and meetings allow me to get to know her. Sneaky huh! She just announced to the class 2 weeks ago that she is pregnant, and she has not been feeling good at all. I have read Madie the riot act on helping her poor sick teacher out and being very sensitive to how she is feeling. I have been there it stinks. I can not imagine morning sickness while teaching 20 2nd grader. Lord, bless her.
ME: How are you feeling?
Ms. Mary: Oh, man feel terrible. I was not sick with either of my boys, but this time is terrible.
ME: I hear you sister. It stinks.
Ms. Mary: I have to tell you, Madie is an absolute joy to have in class. She is so good that I have to intentionally make time to be with her. Some of the other students demand so much of my time I have to carve out time for her. She is amazing and doing so well. My favorite time is in the morning. She comes into class every morning and gives me a hug and asks how I am feeling and if she can help me do anything. She makes my mornings so much better.
ME: (leaping inside that I am totally accomplishing making Madie sensitive and compassionate to others needs) She is as sweet as sugar.
Later that night...
ME: Madie, Ms. Mary gave you the best compliment tonight at my meeting. She said that you make her mornings so much better. She loves your hugs and how you want to serve her.
Madie: Do you think she probably ment to say that I make every minute better?
Now that we have compassion mastered maybe we need to work on humility!
---------------------------
Cade just woke up on Saturday morning and walked into the bathroom where Jenna and I were...
Jenna: Good Morning Stinker Head!
Cade: (laughing) I am not a stinker head yet!
...YET? Clearly he was planning on being a stinker head. Yet another fact to go into my research paper to prove that being a stinker head is a choice and not an involuntary body function of the 2 and 3 year old species.
---------------------
Cade is in the bathroom all by himself going potty. Shawna and I hear loud giggling...
Shawna: What's going on in here big guy?
Cade: I can't get my bunnies to fit back into my pants.
I have had that problem before. Strangely I can never remember laughing about it.
-------------------
The point is...priceless.
Monday, September 15, 2008
|
Labels:
The Family
|
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings14 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More16 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






3 Comments:
Those are awesome! Great job getting them written down. You won't regret it!
Ha! Love them all, especially the last one about Cade! See you later! Love you guys!
P.S.-Tell the girls I said hi and to have a wonderful time at school!!!
Oh how I laughed and laughed at Cade and his "bunnies". And Laughter was never part of my equation. Tears maybe. And not the "laugh until you cry" kind. Just tears.
Post a Comment