Tom had a great idea to take us to the southern most tip of Africa. Siplings had not been there either so it was quite the adventure. We drove and drove. If I've ever feet like I was in the middle of no where it was driving to Cape Agulhas. There are cows in Africa hanging out in big fields just like home. There were little town specked along the route that were filled with charming town squares and colorful houses. All the ladies in the car were less than excited about the length of the 2 hr car ride to get there. It was quite comical to watch Tom and Kory with the African map try to keep us on track. Never lost, Right?

Cape Agulhas is also the point at which the Indian ocean meets the Atlantic ocean. I am not sure how in the world you could pin point the place that two oceans meet and mingle, but apparently its here.
The girls got a change to play on the beach too. They had been waiting our entire trip to do this, but due to the wind making sand storms that sting your legs we had avoided the beach. Finally the wind calmed down and they were in heaven running with their toes squishing in the sand collecting all the shells they could carry.

The point is...I am so thankful for a husband that challenges me to stretch beyond my comfort zone and take on crazy adventures like this. We have made great family memories and I can't wait for our next adventure. (after I recover!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment