Memories from our journey:



  • The Cape Town Musical was amazing. We decided anything that needed to be said on an hour car ride had to be sung in an Opera kind of way. I think we all hurt from laughing. Right..Camancho!
  • Kory wanting to feed the seals a bloody fish from his mouth like the local guy, and me telling him that if he did that he would not be able to kiss me for a very long time!
  • going rock climbing with my adventurous crew along the ocean while getting sprayed by the crashing tide.
  • a local pizza joint that gives the kids dough, rolling pins, and cookie cutters to entertain them while we wait. Genius!
  • catching an African lizard for Madie...the highlight of the entire trip for her.
  • eating ice cream every chance we got in the hot African sun.
  • seeing wild animals like, zebra, gazelles, baboons, crazy lookin birds, penguins, lizards, dogs that speak Afrikaans, ostrich, seals, fish, crabs, snails and other unidentified items that made me glad I packed sanitizer. Lots of sanitizer.
  • me learning how to play Texas Hold'em and kicking every one's biscuits several times.
  • trying new foods at the African Braai (BBQ) and really wishing I could get some of those flavors back home!
  • being able to show the girls parts of the world that some people never get a chance to see.
  • Someday having to remind Jenna that she has been to Africa and England. HA
  • growing a lot in getting over myself and my fears to reach beyond my own understanding and trust that HE really does have me in the palm of his hand.
  • doing all the dishes by hand makes me appreciate SO much my dishwasher!
  • I am grateful that we do not live in an area where bars on every window and door are necessary.
  • letting the girls order milkshakes when we ate out because they were always less than $1.50. Yipee
  • I will forever miss Fruit and Veg City and the LOW LOW prices that I still can not get over. I am considering flying there for my groceries quarterly.
The point is...although I wanted to come home at about day 1.5 in Africa, it turned out to be a great trip!

1 Comments:

mom buehler said...

wow, I can't even imagine......do you really promise to take me next time. wow I can't wait to see everything. I miss you so much. love you - have I told you lately that I think you are incredible and I'm so proud of you. God Bless babies!! love you all so much more. mom B.