My blog silence is over...
Can you believe I went a whole 18 days without a post? Some of you may be thankful that you did not have to read another boring Kilbourne story for the past few weeks. Sorry times up, I'm back!
Let's see what have we been up too?
Getting back from London/Africa proved to be an adjustment. It was difficult to get back into the swing of things again. The jet leg didn't hit me until about the 4th day home. Strange? I felt more exhausted lying around the house than I felt on our 2 1/2 week adventure. The girls seemed not to notice much of the time change, once again proving that kids are amazingly resilient.
We started to lead a Jr. high life group called Pier419 every Monday night. Matthew 4:19 says...go and make fisher of men, so I can imagine Jesus calling out to the men on the pier hence Pier419. Our last lifegroup The Edge has gotten too big so we pulled 12 kids into our new group. I am amazed at the hearts of Jr. highers. If you think that Jr. high kids are up to no good and intentionally driving their parents crazy, you should come to our group and meet some amazing students. I personally have been so blessed the last year that we have been working with the students. They challenge me to dream big and do great things for God. They have the ability to look past shortcomings and imagine beyond what most adults can envision. They totally stretch me, and it's clearly helping me to keep my youthful glow...? (right?)
Kory is gone right now on a boys golf trip in Myrtle Beach. Tough. Poor Guy. This is his second year on the boys trip. His great friend Dan C. has organized this for several years. Kory had some serious man fun last year. I honestly don't ask too many questions about the man fun because it usually involves burping, poker and all fried foods. UGH. An exciting addition to the group this year was Tim and his dad Mike. (Tim is Kory's cousin and mike is Kory's uncle) I did warn the boys that when they get back us ladies are getting a girls trip on the calendar and they would be on parenting duty. My perfect girl trip would be to a weekend cooking school with a splash of shopping and a pj party every night! Who's with me?
I really have nothing to complain about this weekend either though. I got the chance to go to a conference in Houston, TX. The Brawners graciously took the ladies from Friday until Sunday night so I could go. I am SO thankful for people who love my kids and love me enough to bless me by giving me the weekend off. What a HUGE blessing. If you want to read about the weekend with the Brawner and see pictures head over to her blog. The weather was beautiful so they got lots of playtime outside, they had a picnic in the playhouse, and all the girls can talk about are the powder donut movie nights they had. Thanks so much Brawners!
My conference was great. I gained great system training and meet lots of encouraging people. You know how I am slightly obsessed with greeting cards. I know you have gotten several from my stash. Last week on a flight, Kory caught up with an flight attendant friend and she told him a little bit about a greeting card business she does. I checked it out and it's super cool. You go online, choose from over 13,000 greeting cards, add your personal note, you can even add photos to be printed inside the card. Then you fill in the address of the recipient and Waa Laa your cards on the way. They print your custom card put a real stamp on it and send it for you. The best part is it is cheaper than going to the store and buying a card, not to mention your time factor. Rather than the $3-$4 you normally spend on the card it is just $.93 plus $.42 postage. $1.35 for the card in the mail. AMAZING. It is already saving me time and money. No more driving to the store, searching for cards, stamps, and then forgetting a card in my purse for a week. The quality is outstanding and the card selection is every bit as good as any Wal-mart card isle. I am super pumped. Its a natural fit for me to have a little card business, especially since real estate is so slow.
Besides for personal use, lots of businesses are taking advantage of the program. Most small business live and die on their referral and word of mouth advertising so being able to send a thank you card to a client at the click of a mouse is great for business. The system also allows you to download any database of addresses. You can create a custom Christmas card and with a click send it to all 100 people on your list and never have to sit and address them all again. Oh, Thank you.
Anything you can create on Photoshop or a variety of other programs can be downloaded onto a card. So a business could have their logo, coupons, photos, ect. as part of their postcard/greeting card. When you download photos you can add text boxes, thought bubbles or boarders.
I am going to use the photo program to create personal photo invites for Jenna's birthday.
Can you tell I'm excited? Here's the best part...you can try it out for free on me. Log on to
http://www.sendoutcards.com/68109
Under my photo is a button that says click send a free card, click it and I will personally pay for you to send 2 cards and I'll even pay for your postage. I know. I'm that kind of girl! Upload photos onto your cards to see how easy it is!
The point is...This really is no strings attached free cards. I promise! I challenge you to send an unexpected card to someone with a picture of yourself/family and just see what their response is. I guarantee you get a phone call from the recipient! Let me know what they said. I would love to hear.
And since you all love me enough to give me a referral tell a friend about it and let them go onto my site and send a free card! Have fun making someones day!
Subscribe to be emailed when I blog!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Daddy Daughter Dance12 years ago
-
5 years today!!!13 years ago
-
You know, just your ordinary day13 years ago
-
Sunday Happenings13 years ago
-
Basic steps for how to alter a t-shirt14 years ago
-
34...15 years ago
-
The Great Mistake15 years ago
-
MIA No More15 years ago
-
-
Casey's Testimony16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-






2 Comments:
Fun Nat! Sounds right up your alley! I have a friend in that card business...she's been doing it for a couple years at least and still loves it! (and as you and I both know...that's no small miracle!) :)
I just might go ahead and send some cards...on you! :)
WOW, I MISS YOU SO MUCH, LET'S NOT EVER LET THAT MUCH TIME GO BY AGAIN! I DO LOVE TO KEEP UP WITH YOU ON THIS CRAZY COMPUTER THING!! I DO LOVE MY NEW COMPUTER! IT REALLY IS SUPER NICE....... CALL YOU MOM PLEASE...MISS YOU SO MUCH.
Post a Comment