Snow Fest Melt Down

We started out with the greatest plan. My amazing friend Heather--who is the free community event guru--invited the girls and I to go to Snow Fest with her clan. Snow Fest is a day of fun that includes SNOW in June with snowball fights and snowman building contests, which the girls could hardly wrap their brains around! The night was capped off with a concert by American Idol Season One runner-up Justin Guarini. (Madie says...WHO?) Heather was picking me up at 3:45 and we were packing a picnic dinner. The stage was set for the best time.
Well, while I was packing our picnic at 3:00 I was looking out the kitchen window to the north and it looked like one of those yellow Ozark skies. I called Heather and she assured me it was a quick passing shower and not to worry. Well moments later it started pouring. Not lightly raining but seriously pouring. It poured for a good hour then seem
ed like it was clearing off. Heather and the family took off for Jordan Valley park a little before us and then the girls and I headed that way. Just about that time Heather called and said that it was still pouring on site and the snow pile had been reduced to a mole hill. They were returning home. Awwwww...How disappointing.
So here we are in the car, amped up for something great, with a picnic in tow...how do I fix this? I gave Madie the liberty of choosing our replacement activity with the stipulation it had to be free and dry. (no-muddy parks) My kids are amazing! The girls decided to head to Bass Pro . We sat in the van watching a March of the Penguins on the DV
D and ate our picnic just like we were camping in the car. The girls loved it and thought it was so fun to eat it in the car. (like they have never ate in the car?? only a gazillion times) Then we spend some 2 hours touring Bass Pro looking at all the alive and not so alive wild life. We played an amazing game of I spy, which Jenna even loved and got super into. Although she had trouble not blurting out the animal she was thinking of after you guessed twice! I love the 3's.


The point is...Making fun out of nothing is sometimes the most fun! The girls given the chance were able to be super flexible and create a new plan that they thought was just as great. I did not hear them complain once!

1 Comments:

mom buehler said...

I'm sorry, snow in June is just not right!! Really - I'm sorry but my brian went right to laughing when I read reduced to a mole hill. God is so funny!! I'm sorry the girls would have loved it but you know my low meter for laugh out loud funny - I am still laughing - and I don't know exactly why!! I'm so glad I was not in charge of that one - especially for the kids coming to have a blast!! Did anyone think of a tarp!! oh my - the point is - think ahead - be ready to tarp it!! oh and - did I tell you lately that I love you - and yes free fun is the best - have you tried toilet flushing races yet - it is the best! You must do it at a place that has enough toilets for all you is racing at the same time!!! A great Jr. High Sunday School Activity - along with a blind folded kid ready to grab into the toilet and a bannana, some stink spray and lots of kids sound effects!! Love you, carry on mighty family for God! God is the Coolest, with the best sence of humor. We can't even imagine. Remember - God is always watching us - so try to be entertaining at times! I'm sure God loved the picnic in the van - Praise God. Love you